I misunderstood a part of the report Lyn Atherton left yesterday on the
answering machine re the White-faced Ibis at St. Marks NWR. They did NOT see
white on the face of any of the three birds.

I talked with her last evening and I hope can clarify some of the plumage
details. All had the drab olive back color and they appeared to be paler
overall than the Glossy. The fine striping on the head and neck was buffy,
contributing to the effect from a distance of a buffier color.  Two of them had
pink colored facial skin.  The third had gray facial skin with a pink outline.
All had red eyes, but the red on the third bird was a darker shade which they
believe indicates a younger one.

Sorry for causing the confusion.  There's not an invasion after all. Lyn
mentioned very strong winds which are making it hard to see offshore, but they
hope to see the Red-necked Grebe at the Duncans.

Margie Wilkinson
St. Petersburg, FL