Hello,

The Fern Forest MacGillivray's (got it right this time) Warbler was seen
briefly
this morning.  About 8:10 it was seen in a weedy area about 50 ft. east of
where
we saw it yesterday morning.  It then flew another 20 ft. to the east and
landed
in a brushy/weedy area.  It soon began to call and it called at least 40 times
during the next  5 minutes, however, due to the thick vegetation we could not
see
the bird.  We were only 10-12 ft. from the bird and we could not see it - very
frustrating!  Eventually one observer did see a motion in the weeds and the
bird
hopped up onto a dead branch, paused for 1 second (3 of us saw it) and then
dropped back down into the weeds.  Less than a minute later it flew across
the road
and disappeared into the vegetation on the south side of the road.  We did not
hear it call from that location, however, shortly before 9:00 it began
calling again
near the fence at the west end of the parking lot.  I had to leave at that
time and
I do not know if the bird was relocated.

The call note is a sharp "tsik" - exactly as described in the Nat. Geo. Guide.

Wally George
Ft. Lauderdale