        Both the Red-necked Grebe and the Red-throated Loon were seen from our
pier yesterday afternoon. However, the bay is rough with the north wind
this morning, and both will be more difficult to find. It should be windy
through Thursday. We have seen both birds when it's choppy, it's just not
as easy with the wind in your face and the bird disappearing in wave
troughs! I willl post again as soon as either is seen.
        There's a White-fronted Goose in the area on the Tiger Point Golf Course
(enter the subdivision Tiger Point East) which is just west of the huge
Walmart on US 98. Turn left on Madura. Drive this road to the end. The
goose has been spotted with several Canadas along Madura.
        The Buff-bellied and Broad-tailed, Rufous (at a "new feeder" in Gulf
Brz) and Black-chinned hummers are still at area feeders. The Calliope is
still in Niceville. Both the Pine Siskins and Purple Finches are at the
Broad-tailed hummer house, but if they are missed there, there's an
alternative site 1 mile west on Mobile Hwy at Panhandle Nurseries.
        Whew. What a winter!
Lucy Duncan
Gulf Breeze, FL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!