On Sunday, St. Lucie Audubon Society held a birding breakfast at Adams Ranch
in Ft. Pierce. We missed seeing the two Whooping Cranes who frequent the
cattle feeding stations there, but we did hear MANY Northern Parulas singing
in every patch of Live Oaks and other trees.

In our own backyard our resident pair of Sandhill Cranes built a nest on
Feb. 8 that is visible from our  backyard. In the past few days the resident
Limpkin attracted a mate and it appears they are building a nest about 150
yards from the cranes nest.

The Purple Martin house is full, with 12 pairs present. A N. Cardinal sings
all day and the N. Mockingbird has a nest in the front yard. We feel
fortunate to live in Florida, where spring begins in February.
Dotty Hull
Port St. Lucie, FL