This afternoon at 5:40 I observed a Glaucous Gull on Crandon Park Beach
flats. It was with ~ 30 Herring Gulls, a Great Black-backed Gull and Laughing
Gulls. After studying the Glaucous Gull today in Pompano with Jill Rosenfield
and Mickey Wheeler, I feel the Key Biscayne gull is in the same plumage. It
has faint barring under the tail and on the scapulars. It appears "heftier"
than the surrounding Herring Gulls and has a very large pink bill with black
tip. The legs are pale pink/flesh.

To reach Crandon Park, go south on I-95 to the end, then go east on the
Rickenbacker Causeway to Key Biscayne. Enter Crandon Park at the main
entrance (fee) and park in the furthest south parking lot. Walk straight east
from the parking lot to the beach. The flats will be exposed at low tide.

Robin Diaz
Key Biscayne, FL