Hi All...........
    Thanks to everyone who responded to the Mystery Bird at Cape Canaveral
Air Force Station in Brevard County.
    I received lots of possibles, but five experts in the field seem to agree
that the bird is a Black Skimmer.  The bird may be missing the head and wing,
and who knows what else, but these folks believe that the tail fits the
skimmer just right; and the color pattern is OK also.  I know most of these
people, and they do like to play the skin game.  I think that I had better
start playing also.
    Other folks guessed: Loggerhead Shrike, Mockingbird, Tern, Oystercatcher,
Black-crowned Night-Heron, Eastern Kingbird, and Red-headed Woodpecker.  Some
very good birders in Ohio were working along the idea of the possibility of
the bird being some kind of exotic that was a caged bird at one time.
Possibilities were: Shama Thrush, Black-Backed Wagtail, Pin-tailed Whydah,
Pin-headed Whydah, Masked Tityra, or one of the tropical Cardinals.  Possible
but improbable.
    For my money, I will go with the "Gang of Five" and call it a probable
Black Skimmer.
    Thanks again to those who helped out............
    See ya............Dick
    Dick Novier
    Palm Bay FL