This was just posted to the southeastern Partners In Flight listserve, and I thought y'all might be interested.

Julie Brashears
Tallahassee, FL

Pelican Harbor Seabird Station, located on the Intracoastal Waterway in Miami,
is beginning today to put sight bands on several hundred brown pelicans at this
and  other locations from Fort Lauderdale down to Islamorada in the Florida
Keys, in our study of Urban Brown Pelicans. Our bands are black with white
lettering, two digits followed by an alpha character.

If you see them, please report  them at 1-800-327-BAND.