Yesterday (2-16-01) I went to St. Mark's NWR and was able to easily find both the Vermilion Flycatcher and the White-faced Ibis. To find the flycatcher stop at the East River Pool near the boat ramp (Observation Point # 2 on the refuge maps available at the visitor's center). Carefully scan the tall grass and shrubs directly in front of the boat ramp and to your right. The bird is a young male. To find the Ibis go to Mounds Pool #1. The bird is feeding with a group of Glossy Ibis. Watch for the red eye. If you have any questions, be sure to drop me an e-mail.
Good Luck & Good Birding,
Alan W. Knothe, The Birdman
Nature Tours by Alan
www.birdtours.com