Yesterday Bliz Feldherr and Mary Landsman found a Greater White-fronted Goose hanging out with a flock of Sandhill Cranes at Chapmans Pond in SW Gainesville. Don't know if it will stick around or not, but if you're interested in trying to see it, here are the directions:

Take I-75 to Gainesville. Exit west on SR-24 (Archer Road). Two miles west of I-75, turn right onto SW 75th Street. Go a mile or two to SW 41st Place (Terrace, maybe?) and turn right (watch for the sign: "Treeo Center"). Follow SW 41st as it curves left, and as it comes out of the curve, look left to see the Chapmans Pond parking lot. By the way, the back side of the pond can best be seen from the park you'll see on your left as you drive down 41st.

Rex Rowan
2041 NE 15th Terrace
Gainesville, FL  32609
(352) 371-9296