I woudl Suggest you check out Safesite.  I know PLA in that area was taken
over by IM also, so don't look at the yellow pages, as PLA is still listed.

Regards,
Liz
Comment's posted are my own and not those of my employer.
516-328-5118

                    "Earl Johnson,
                    Jr."                   To:     [log in to unmask]
                    <earljohnson@PR        cc:
                    ODIGY.NET>             Subject:     Re: Iron Mountain
                    Sent by:
                    Records
                    Management
                    Program
                    <RECMGMT-L@LIST
                    S.UFL.EDU>

                    02/21/2001
                    11:28 PM
                    Please respond
                    to Records
                    Management
                    Program

Hello Ms. Myers,

I used to work for a natural gas company, and while there the offsite
storage company we used was bought by Iron Mountain back in the late 80's
or
early 90's. It started out pretty good as the service was very good, but I
think that part of that was because of the loyalty of the folks who worked
for the company that was bought out. Iron Mountain kept some of those
people.

When Iron Mountain took over, however, it was a little different. We
weren't
the biggest kid on the block anymore, and Iron Mountain seemed very
arrogant. Their service was terrible, and they acted like they could care
less about our concerns. I eventually changed jobs and didn't have to deal
with them too much (thank goodness).

I am a consultant now, and my Houston client uses them. From what I've
heard
(non-client sources) not much has changed. They're becoming the only game
in
town by buying out the competition, which I think is unfair and
unfortunate.
I think they've grown too big too quickly, and got there through
acquisitions and not through superior customer service.

If you go back and check the ListServe Archives, you can find other
postings
about them as this has come up several times before. I don't know if this
helps you much, I wouldn't use them again unless I absolutely had to. Be
careful in your contract negotiations, and try to avoid those buyout
costs... they can be steep and keep you trapped with them.

Good luck!

Earl Johnson, Jr.