Yes, I'd say that you should maintain conflict reports at least until the
case ends. But I would recommend that you retain them at least until the
statue of limitations on legal malpractice expires in your state (usually 2
to 4 years longer). We attach a hard copy of the report to a copy of the
client matter intake form and keep them centrally by number. We are shortly
(this year)going to be storing them electronically as PDF files linked
directly to the case file index in Accutrac (our records software).
Definitely do not use WordPerfect or Word for long term storage. They have
already shown that earlier versions of their software were not forward or
backward compatible without converting the files. Anyone who has done it can
tell you the conversion tools were often crude, at best.

-W. Creamer
NYC NY