I work for a city in Florida and we are attempting to develope an electronic
communications policy.  Can you advise how your policies handle personal
e-mail accounts -  If a personal e-mail account is opened/used at work - does
that then make it and all messages on the account a Public Record and subject
to Public Record laws?  Also with the problems with virus, etc. is it
recommended to put in a policy that personal e-mails can not be opened used
with departmental equipment....or is that too heavy handed and not possible
to regulate anyways.
Thanks for your insight.