We use many Oce systems throughout our organization. The Oce 9400 scan,
copy and plot system sounds right for you. We have used them for several
years and are very satisfied. The 9400 will enable you to scan or plot at
about 12 feet per minute, and provide wide format copying services as well.
With your new EDMS, you'll find this multi-functional machine very
beneficial. The other vendors you mentioned don't offer this flexibility or
speed. Good Luck !!!

Lorrin Read, CRM
Director, Corporate Records Management
FirstEnergy Corporation
Akron, Ohio

                    Jim Hatfield
                    <Jim_Hatfield@STLO        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    UISCO.COM>                cc:
                    Sent by: Records          Subject:     Vendor Selection Lg. Format Scanner
                    Management Program
                    FL.EDU>

                    02/27/01 05:01 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Records Management
                    Program

Fellow List-Serv. members, I would appreciate any advice or recommendations
concerning the following situation:

The St. Louis County Imaging Committee is implementing an enterprise wide
Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).  Three departments will need
access to a "Monochrome Large Format Scanner" due to a small percentage
(5-10 %) of their documents being oversized.  The current scanning work
stations can handle documents up to 8  X 17 but the oversized
drawings/prints, etc., can be as large as an E-size (36" X 48").  The
scanning will be preformed in-house by the departments utilizing existing
personnel.  Oversize document volume currently indicates that no one
department would require a "Lg. Format Scanner" on a full time basis.  The
committee has budgeted $12,000 for the purchase of one scanner.  Spec. wise
I would want scanning resolution of 400 dpi and scan width of 37/36.0".

I'm presently looking at Vidar, Ideal, Contex, and O.C.E. as potential
vendors.  Can anyone suggest other vendor possibilities or relate any
experiences you've had purchasing and/or using one of these scanners.

Thanks,

Jim Hatfield
Imaging Services Manager
St. Louis County Government