perhaps old age is setting in for me, but can you remind me, why did they
object to the use of the laptop for the exam? reaganlorraine
-----Original Message-----
From: June Crawford
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 4/3/01 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: Any advice? - Writing-by-hand difficulties

To Lisa at the Academy:
   Could your student who will not be allowed to use the laptop for his
3.5
hour exam possibly be allowed to use an AlphaSmart?  It would hold 64
single-spaced pages in 8 files but it has no other files on it at the
beginning (the instructor could even check to make sure it has been
cleared
if cheating is a concern) so all he would really have is a keyboard to
use
that would store his work.  If he can use the computer successfully,
this
might be an option.  I am on the road right now, but if you think this
would
work, send me a message and I will call you when I return to Washington
and
give you the information.
June Crawford