We allow our tutors decide whether or not they will tutor during finals week. Generally, if there are students who have come in on a regular basis all semester the tutors are willing to schedule appointments with them during finals week. This
procedure enhances the bonds between the tutors and students. Students who wait until the last minute to ask for help work with me. When I meet with the "last minute" students I take advantage of the opportunity to talk with them about tutoring
plans for the upcoming semester, time management, long term planning, etc.