From: Laura Symons [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 7:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Online Stress Test

Thanks a lot, Gary!  Great site!  Though I rated high on the time-urgency
scale, I felt I
had to take the time to thank you for sharing the  site with us.  And for
the people
irritated at the lack of significant content in my response (as I have been
sometimes with
posted thank-you notes), I suggest you take the test, too! :-)

Laura

"Gary K. Probst" wrote:

> Gary Probst wrote:
>
> The following stress test has eight interesting subscales.  The
> suggestions for overcoming specific stress problems are excellent.  What
> I found interesting is the time-urgency subscale.   This subscale
> describes students who engage in self-defeating behavior by rushing
> through an assignment and not completing it.  Therefore, wasting the
> time they spend attempting to do it.  The author of this stress test
> calls this "hurry sickness" and gives excellent suggestions on how to
> solve this problem.
>
> I have always had students in my developmental math class who have this
> problem.  They keep taking tests and failing them because they are too
> rushed to take time to study.  The suggestions this  test gives would be
> good place to start when working with this type of student on ways to
> overcome his or her problem.

http://women.lifestyles.netscape.thriveonline.oxygen.com/serenity/stress/smq
.index.html