At 6:45 this morning Al and I began searching for the Masked Duck east of
the library in Pembroke Pines.  We met a group of three birders who had
also looked for it unsuccessfully on Monday.  Later another birder arrived
who had been there the previous day.

About 9 a.m. a crew arrived to do the monthly maintenance on the
wetland.  Two worked on land removing vegetation by hand, while a third
used an airboat to reopen channels.  The airboat flushed a number of Least
Bitterns, egrets and herons, but we saw no Masked Duck.
Bev Hansen
Spring Hill, Florida