Hi, Floridabirders,

An easy way to get an address from the archives is to use the command:

SEARCH John Doe IN FLORIDABIRDS-L

As always with commands, you must send it to [log in to unmask]

(Capitals have no significance in searching the archives by the command
method.)   I have used them for emphasis only.

If you want to limit the period and not get every post in which the
string appears, and if you know or suspect the person has posted
within a later period, shorten it by adding a later "from" date as follows:

SEARCH JOHN DOE IN FLORIDABIRDS-L FROM 01/02/01

Or further restrict it by using a beginning date and an ending date:

SEARCH JOHN DOE IN FLORIDABIRDSL FROM 01/02/01 TO 01/03/01

The date must always be stated in this format:  yy/mm/dd

If you exhaust your possibilities in the archives, then take it to the list.
I am aware there are many such things you may not know, so I try to
deal with them when they come up.

Your cooperation in the future will be appreciated.  It would be helpful
if you would keep this message with your other permanent records.

Barbara Passmore
Listowner