   I had a frigate bird over the parking lot of The Arbors, six blocks
south of the Doc Thomas House and Botanical Gardens, on Saturday,
6/2/2001. This has happened only a couple of times in the 18 years that I
have lived there. It was flying toward Biscayne Bay(which is about 1 and
1/2 miles east of where I live.
   I wonder if the BW vireo is joining the chimney swifts(past 15 years),
swallow tailed kites(past 12 years) and white crowned pigeons(past 3 years
on the UM campus) as Miami-Dade county urban nesting birds. What
next? Maybe ruby- throated hummingbirds on a regular basis.
   We saw brown headed nuthatches at the Long Pine Key Campground in ENP
yesterday during our butterfly survey. This was my first sighting of them
since they have been reintroduced to ENP.
   Chimney swifts plus two tree top cruising swallow tailed kites(they
have sure developed a taste for baby mockingbirds here) added to the fun
at Fairchild Tropical Gardens on Monday, 5/28/2001 during another
butterfly survey.
   The black witches(male and female) are out and about in this
area. BEWARE!
   Bob Kelley
   Coral Gables, FL