Paul Bithorn recently wrote:

> [...]

Hey Paul:

Out of curiosity, if somehow (and I'm not convinced that this is even
possible) the Masked Ducks in Pembroke Pines were proven to be
captive/escape birds, I'd be interested to know how this would effect
your perception of seeing these birds. Would their beauty be diminished?
Would their "presence" at this small wetland somehow be less than that of
a more wild bird? Would they be "imperfect" somehow? To me, it matters
little even though I can understand that you want them to be ABA
countable. (So do I, but I've already seen them in the wild in Texas
anyway.) I've often wondered about people's perceptions of things. The
recent discussions on countable exotics vs. escapees started it. . . .

Good birding.

Vince Lucas
Naples