Hello
     I attempted to sent this message some time ago and it hasn't shown up on
the Listserve, so I thought I would try again.
     Having seen only one in my life, it is with some trepidation that I
report a female Ruff (Reeve) at the first of two ponds just north of the new
wetlands in Viera (Click Ponds) at 1:00 PM today.  The bird appears to be a
female just coming into breeding plumage.  About the size of a Lesser
Yellowlegs with a relatively small head and short dark bill.  There is a very
noticeable pale coloration around the base of the bill.  The legs are a
greenish color.  The bird looks very much like a cross between the immature
and breeding adult female depicted in Sibley's new book.  It is a generally
warm brown color with dark brown barring around the neck.  The scapulars
frequently stuck up around the back. There is a small area of water left in
the NW quadrant of the first pond.  The Reeve is foraging around the southern
edge of this small pond.  One of Charlie Ewell's recent RBA's had excellent
directions to the Click Ponds

Don Feuss
Viera