I was in Gulf Breeze this week for a conference (tough duty). On Tuesday
(June 12th) I went out for a morning break and the sky was filled with
frigatebirds. I mean several flocks of 20 or more filled the sky! This
was the day after the remnants of Allison passed by. Unfortunately I had
to get back inside, but before I did my count of Frigates reached a
whopping 157(in about 15 minutes). They were catching the thermals and
heading south (into a steady south wind).  I wonder if anyone else
noticed any unusual seabird activity? Also, along the beach going out to
Fort Pickens the next day I noticed a group of black terns in great
breeding plumage. I was a rider and could not stop, but I estimated there
to be 10 or so.

Roger Clark
Jacksonville, FL