Things have slowed down recently--what with migration over and David
Simpson apparently having to work for a living--so I thought I'd post a
couple of questions that have been in my head recently.

Cheri Pierce made a few posts this past year about purple martins
nesting in cabbage palm snags at Orlando Wetlands Parl.  I was surprised
to see that--I did not realize that purple martins still nested in
natural cavities.  Was I just ignorant?  Do they often nest in natural
cavities?  How about chimney swifts?  Has anyone ever seen them using
hollow trees?

Michael Meisenburg
Archer, FL (Alachua County)