Reading through Stevenson, and Woolfendon and Robertson I noted very few reports of masked ducks in north Florida.  Recalling a conversation with a local taxidermist I called him to verify he had mounted a masked duck shot in Alligator Lake, Columbia county.  He brought me a photograph of a male masked duck mounted Feb. 1985, shot either in Dec. 1984 or Jan 1985 from Alligator Lake.  I was a local duck hunter myself back then and a "good" duck was a pintail or widgeon.  They are always out there.