From: Palau, Susan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 11:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Early Alert Systems

Most students in academic distress are too depressed to "go to" somewhere
for extra help.  So I am discovering that it is best to go to them - that
is, start a peer mentoring program and have a peer mentor knock on the dorm
door of the failing student and offer help.  The mountain will not go to
Mohammed.