At 09:19 AM 6/14/01 -0400, you wrote:
Dear List,

I am the Coordiantor of Academic Enrichment at The University of Michigan-Flint, and I am very interested in starting a math anxiety program.  Rather than just do a one-time workshop/info section on math anxiety, I want to have a semester-long workshop in which students with math anxiety work with tutors and faculty to acheive a greater level of comfort with math.  Something along the lines of what Sheila Tobias proposes in her work.

To that end, I would appreciate any and all suggestions regarding existing programs, suggested texts or reference materials.  Comments on what works and what doesn't work, as well as ways in which students can be encouraged to attend such a program, especially on a commuter campus, would also be helpful.  I would be very interested in visiting a school which uses such a program, especially one in the midwest.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mike Kassel
University of Michigan-Flint
I am out of my office until Monday, June 18.  I will review my emails when I return.

Dr. Julia N. Visor, Coordinator
University Center for Learning Assistance
Assistant Professor of English
Illinois State University
Campus Box 4070
Normal IL  61790-4070