Beth,

If you have a full-time SI supervisor who starts in the Fall and receives
training, you should be ready to start with a pilot in January for 2-3
different courses/instructors.  (I don't think we're unusual in counting
multiple sections of a course taught by one instructor as one SI).  If the
program is successful, or looks like it will be within another year, why cut
the person to part-time?  A full-time supervisor could run 6-8 courses each
semester; he/she would take care of all the paperwork and record-keeping
(i.e., no need for a clerical worker) in additional to handling the on-going
training.  There are SI supervisors who oversee more than that number of
courses as their full-time job, and some who do fewer -- maybe your responses
from LRNASST will give you some idea for a reasonable range.

You'll definitely need $$ for books and supplies, travel/training, and SI
Supervisor salary.  I've never heard of giving the instructors a stipend: are
folks out there doing this?

Jan Norton, Director
Center for Academic Support
Missouri Western State College