From: Gary K. Probst [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 10:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Math Anxiety

Gary Probst replied:

In your program I would suggest you have the students use index card to learn the new math vocabulary terms introduced.  Most people who have trouble with math do not know the vocabulary of math.  Most math instructors do not see math as a vocabulary course.

Check Lial's developmental math textbooks published by Addison Wesley Longman.  These math textbooks emphasize learning math vocabulary by listing the new terms introduced in each chapter like business and psychology textbooks.