...on a (more?) humorous note, seeing the title of this thread in my mail
browser almost made me wonder whether INSNA was instituting a new annual
award.  "Mythic Heroes of CONNECTIONS," perhaps?  Or, better, yet, we
could have new honorary titles, like "Master of Centrality," "High Lord of
Structural Equivalence," or "(S)he Who Can Actually Remember A Decent
Algorithm for Complete Eigendecomposition of Non-Sparse Adjacency
Matrices."  (Well, OK, so I did say these were _mythic_ heroes, did I
not?)

     Sure, you scoff _now_, but think of how this would look on a tenure
review.  We've all heard of candidates who walk on water, but who among
the competition could claim to be hailed as a supernatural being?

     -Carter