I've been lurking here for a brief while, so it's about time I introduced
myself properly.  I'm an IT professional these days who still has a
fondness for the research side of academia.  (I received a masters'
degree from U Waterloo, in computer science, 10 years ago.  I've never
published a paper, though I did complete a master's thesis.)  Among my
interests, right now I am intrigued by the application of graph theory to
modelling social networks and the construction of computer models thereto
for simulation, in hopes of gaining insights into emergent patterns.
My current toy/implementation language for this is Java, though I've
also contemplated C++.

GrimJim