Geoffrey's idea is a good one. I'd like to know where the data come from
for geographical spread -- always a tough one on the Internet with the
place-less .coms

Three years ago, Danyel Fisher traced the prevalence of the Melessa virus
by doing a by-day Usenet count of its prevalence. I used a graph of it in
my Ties and Bonds column in Connections. But he didn't do geographical
tracing. (Computer science doc student Danyl has just moved from Berkeley
to Irvine.)

 Barry