I've just received the SirCam virus for the 4th time.
NP: I just deleted.

But 3 out of the 4 times, it came from a person and e-address that I never
heard of.

Two possibilities swim in my brain:

1. This is a Granovetterian moment, in which weak ties are 'efficiently'
distributing the virus to a wide range of groups.

2. The virus has infected spammers, and so is broadcasting from spam "get
rich quick" lists.

PS: As an aside, I only get 'get rich quick' spam. Others I know get only
'porn' spam. Is this a case of network path dependency: the initial spam
lists you are on determine who your name will be sold to for other
spammers use?

 Barry