Wellman and Wortley 1989 and 1990 did what kinds of ties provide what
kinds of support -- not information, though -- but you might adapt the
questions. See the papers, reference in About Barry on my website for
detials of question asking.
Good luck.

 Barry

     To Live is To Network                To Network is To Live