Hi,

I can suggest three books that might be helpful to you:

Foundations of Social Theory, by James Coleman -- certainly this one if
nothing else!
Mechanisms of Governance, by Oliver Williamson -- essays on transactions
cost economics.  Williamson's contractual language and orientation may
appeal to you.
Trust in Organizations, ed. Kramer and Tyler -- even has a couple of essays
on the dark side of trust!

Also -- wouldn't it have been great if Putnam/Fukuyama used the term
"societal capital" or something similar!

Scott

Scott L. Engle, Ph.D.
Engle Associates

5201 Southern Hills Dr.