I am sending this question out for a coworker who is not a member of the
list.  I will forward any responses to her or you can respond directly to
her at the address provided below.
Thanks,
Brian Ivey

In regard to managing electronic records, especially those with Oracle
systems, how are you addressing the following issues:
(1)  After meeting short-term (5 years or less) on-line and operational
needs, how is electronic information stored off-line for prompt
accessibility later (i.e., 5-10 year period when needed for
sampling/querying purposes during audits, especially IRS audits?
(2)  Regarding electronic information that has short-term retention
requirements (less than 5 years) that needs to be destroyed, how is it
purged?
(3)  After all auditing requirements have been met, how is the information
archived to comply with long-term retention requirements (more than 10
years and up to 50 years)?
Is it possible to share your processes/procedures for managing electronic
records?
Thank you for your help.
Grace Najera
El Paso Electric Company