Just a word of caution, the guideline is heavily based on FERC retention
regulations in 18CFR125.3.  These regulations were substantially revised in
January this year, so this document is now quite out-of-date.

If you're looking for retention guidelines you might be better off just
going to some of the online sites and calling up the above FERC citation.
You  might also want to check with an RM from one of the Utilities in your
state, they should be able to tell you what if any state utility commission
rules might apply, though as a municipality, you may be exempt from those.

If, on the other hand you're interested in the historic evolution of
utility regulatory requirements, I've got a copy of the guideline that I
can share.

                             Christian Meinke
                           Edison International
                          Information Management
                                 PAX 27079
                              (626) 302-7079

                    Tracey Black
                    <[log in to unmask]        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    RG>                    cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     Guideline to borrow
                    Records
                    Management
                    Program
                    <RECMGMT-L@LIST
                    S.UFL.EDU>

                    09/05/2001
                    07:58 AM
                    Please respond
                    to Records
                    Management
                    Program

Hi all,
Would anybody happen to have the publication listed below I could borrow?
It is no longer offered through ARMA.
Records Retention Resource Guideline for U.S. Based Gas Utilities" and it's
counterpart for electric utilities

Respectfully submitted,

Tracey Ann Black
Records Administrator, MMWEC