 Here is something I received from CNN via email concerning this subject:
DEVELOPING STORY

ATLANTA  (CNN) --  Losses from Tuesday's terrorist attacks
against the United States are expected to run into the tens of
billions of dollars. Insurance comanies tell CNN that the
industry considers what happened an act of terrorism -- not an
act of war -- so they do plan to honor their customers
policies.

  "Osier, Nina" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: <insurers? Many policies have limits of liability in the event of acts of
terrorism and assume NO liability for acts of war.>>

I've been wondering about that, too, Larry. Does anyone here have the
expertise to answer? (I'm sure that's what I was taught in Business Law
class in college, but that was just a short while ago...!)

Nina M. Osier, Director
Division of Records Management Services
Maine State Archives