While I, who don't have a "New York ARMA pin," am thinking about wearing one
that I didn't get to wear last fall when I had to vote absentee due to
rather sudden surgery.  It's red, white, and blue, and says:  "I'm voting
today in honor of a veteran," followed by my Pearl Harbor vet father's name.

The Maine Secretary of State's office provided those personalized buttons
for the November 2000 election, and mine is special because it's now an "in
memory of" rather than "in honor of."  Dad died July 13, 2001...I am so
thankful he did not have to go through "Pearl Harbor" for a second time!!!
(I now understand better than ever why he was never the same afterward,
too.)

Nina M. Osier, Director
Division of Records Management Services
Maine State Archives