From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Caroline D. Allen
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 10:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Microfische Equipment

Hello to all,

First and foremost, I would like to thank those I have not and have thanked
personally for your responses and advice/suggestions on the matter of
Medical
records.  I really appreciated all of your information.

Once again I come to you all on the list and ask for your comments,
suggestions and recommendations of purchasing the best equipment for
microfisching medical records.   It seems that the office that I am Medical
Records Director, refuse to have records retired, unless they have a backup
system by which they can access records ASAP.  These records are in need of
retirement (retention, deceased patients, etc.).  I understand their need to
have access to these records (just in case), but the situation as it stands
(too many files in basement) warrant something be done and I mean
immediately, to resolve this situation.

Background Info:  This is a medical office w/five doctors, records upon it's
retention and use (fiscally) are retired to the basement (which at this time
is in violation of securing records upon retirement in a safe environment)
where records are too close to water sprinklers, too many, etc.  My only
hope
and answer to this situation is to microfische the records, then retire the
actual records to a records holding area.  I think this will appease them.

So, associated members and commrades in records management HELP.

Carol Allen
Medical Records Director