Well I guess we can all relax now that we know all that paper on the streets
of NY is just organic redundancy.

From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf
Of Larry Medina
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 11:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ARMA could help out in this New York Disaster

>He didn't mention the stock certificates.  He did mention the financial
>transactions and records of transactions (actual issuing of stocks, trades,
>etc.).

Also along these lines, how many of the firms fell under this scenario?

Washington Business Journal 9/7/01
When is a Web site a financial institution?

http://washington.bcentral.com/washington/stories/2001/09/10/editorial3.html

by Adrienne Lavalle
Although financial Web sites probably do not consider themselves financial
institutions, they may be subject to regulation under legislation passed by
Congress and signed by former President Clinton in 1999. Known as the
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, this law overhauled the U.S. financial services
industry and opened up competition in banking, insurance and securities
among the many different financial institutions throughout the country. It
is very complex, but virtually everyone agrees it is a necessary law that
updates finance in a modern world.