I have compared the photos of the mystery sparrow with
about half an hour of video I took of Bachmans's
sparrow singing on territory, from all angles at Avon
Park, FL a few years ago.  Is there any reason to call
this bird anything else?  The range is right, the
habitat is right, the habits are right, and as
described in the postings, Bachman's are notably
gray,espcially around the head and shoulders.
Bachman's has an eyering, a light supercillium and
a dark brown line posterior to the eye.  It has a gray
cheek and malar area, and the dark brown scapular
lines on a base of gray. The crown streaks are fine,
and would not necessarily be visible with the
resolution of the photo.
     I still have not been able figure out how to post
photos on Floridabirds, but if anyone can tell me I'll
put up a shot for comparison.

Steve Siegel