Hello,
-I've essentially been off the "air" so to speak for about a month, but I
have been birding quite regularly.
-Those of you coming down for the birding festival may be interested is a
report of a zenaida dove from Boot Key.  I don't know the specifics, but
birding boot key may proove to be fruitful... not only for raptors.
-Indigenous park and Key West have been producing some phenominal days...
thinking back over the past month, I regularly had 10-12 warbler days... and
a handful 15+ days too (everything from Cerulean and Swainson's to
Kentucky).  Bird abundance has also been impressive.
-Yesterday the park produced 12 warblers but of particular note was my first
black-throated green for the season... a really nice male.  As well as two
fabulous swainson's warblers.  This migration has been good for the latter
species at Key West... having produced 4 very cooperative birds.
-Hope to see you down here... otherwise I'll see you at the Space Coast
Festival.
Peace,
Chris
Big Pine Key