Hello All,
   I realize that things have changed since the events of 9/11/01.
NASA and the Air Force at Canaveral Air Force Station have legitimate
security concerns regarding the facilities adjacent to MINWR.
However, since these organizations have 24 hour security anyway, what
difference would 3 hours make to them ? If we could enter Black Point
at 7:00 A.M., the sun would still be up, they could still maintain
security and we could utilize an excellent resource that has been
denied to us without adequate explanation. After all, it's the tax
dollars that all of us pay that fund the operation of these
facilities in the first place.
   Several weeks ago, I sent a note to NASA via their web site asking
about entrance into Black Point. I got a response from the web master
notifying me that my request had been forwarded on to Chris Fairey,
at NASA. Needless to say, I've not heard a word since. The folks at
the Refuge office would be happy to see things back to more normal
operating hours. Perhaps we can help that to happen by letting NASA
know just how much we value this resource and access to it. You can
contact Chris Fairey at  [log in to unmask] . If we can
impress upon them how important this issue is to us surely they'll
listen.

David Hartgrove
Daytona Beach