All,

I'm still a day or two shy of posting an alert, but I can add to Vince's
post: Bev Postmus let me know they found the bird between mile marker 1 and
2 and was near Loggerhead Cay at dusk.  The mile markers count from the area
of the lighthouse, so one would need to park there ($.75 per hour by
machine) and walk back up-island, which is to the right from the parking
area.  I cannot comment on the dependability of the flock of Red Knots it
was found with.

Coming from I-75, take Exit 21 (this is the exit for SWFL International
Airport) onto Daniels Road and go west approx. 6 miles to Summerlin Road.
Turn left onto Summerlin and take this road all the way to the causeway toll
plaza.  I think the toll is $3 or $4.  I have a reduced amount as a local,
so I'm not sure of the exact amount.  To reach the lighthouse, turn left at
the 4-way stop after entering the island from the causeway.  Take Periwinkle
Way to it's conclusion and enter the lighthouse parking area to the right.
Don't forget to pay the parking fee mentioned above.  Pranty p. 191; DeLorme
p. 110, A2

Regards,

Charlie

Charlie Ewell