Yesterday's (9/30) morning birding began with what looked like the
same immature Blackburnian Warbler from the previous afternoon
still in the same Buttonwood outside my door.  Three Sharp-
shinned Hawks (first of season) flew over while I was checking the
campgrounds and Eco Pond.  The trail around Eco Pond was
closed because of the Brazilian Pepper removal project but the
observation platform was open.  While looking around the cabin
area I found my first fall Summer Tanager and Tennessee Warbler
and enjoyed a close pass by a Peregrine.  At work at the marina I
saw my first Broad-winged Hawks this fall when a flock of eight flew
over late in the morning, they all appeared to be immatures.  During
the day two Peregrines and a Merlin also passed over.

Today (10/1) my birding became a little more organized and a visit
to the north few hundred yards of Snake Bight Road this morning
turned up these birds, among others:
 1 - Chuck-wills-widow
 1 - Catbird
 3 - Northern Waterthrushes
 9 - Ovenbirds
 1 - Common Yellowthroat
 2 - Black-throated-blue Warblers
 1 - Northern Parula
 1 - Worm-eating Warbler
 4 - Black-and-white Warblers
 1 - American Redstart

The wind at the marina was out of the NNE at about 15 mph most
of the day.  Along with the usual Bald Eagles, Ospreys, Red-
shouldered Hawks, Black Vultures, and Turkey Vultures I was able
 to spot these birds, mostly moving eastward:
 1 - Frigatebird
 8 - White Pelicans (These are the first I've seen here in weeks but
there have been reports of 100+ White Pelicans near Sandy Key
this week)
 13-American Kestrels (my first was about a week ago but I failed
to record it in my notes)
 1 - Merlin
 2 - Peregrines (These were circling rather low in a westward
direction late in the afternoon)
 4 - Accipiter sp.
 4 - Sharp-shinned Hawks
 5 - Cooper's Hawks
10- Broad-winged Hawks (not a full adult in the bunch)
 1 - Short-tailed Hawk ( It was an immature light phase bird, and
the first I've seen at Flamingo since 7/10)
 1 - Cliff Swallow
11- Rough-winged Swallows
 3 - Barn Swallows (The first time this fall that these weren't the
most common swallow)