This was a work day so my birding was limited to an hour or so at
Eco Pond.  A couple of Baltimore Orioles the Brazilian Peppers by
the parking area caused me to stop short as I approached the
entrance but quickly disappeared into the dense cover.  The main
thrill came when a Merlin made an unsuccessful attempt at making
a mid-morning snack of a Palm Warbler in the cleared area west of
the pond, it then made a sharp turn to climb out over the
observation platform.  The only new bird for the fall was a Sora
calling from the dead cattails in the pond.  A Peregrine Falcon
circling about a hundred feet over the coastal prairie west of the
pond made a nice finish to my short trip around the the trail.  Here
is the tally for that part of the morning:

Double-crested Cormorant - 2
Great Blue Heron - 1
Great Egret - 8
Snowy Egret - 9