Not much was happening here today, the wind was blowing 10 - 15
mph from the east and the only hawk I saw passing through was a
single adult Broad-winged Hawk.  I decided to do a little low energy
birding late in the afternoon and took a leisurely bike ride around
the campgrounds, this produced my first Western Kingbird this
Fall.  It was along the main park road opposite the turnoff to the
rental cabins along with a few Eastern Kingbirds.  Warblers were
scarce but there was a flock of about six Painted Buntings in the
grove of trees separating A and B Loops.