Hello,

This morning at low tide, 8:30am, I found a Juvenile Sabine's Gull on
the beach at Green Key in west Pasco. There were about 400 mixed terns,
gulls and wading birds on the mud flats there and one juvenile Sabine's
Gull. It had the exact markings as shown in Sibley's book; brown back,
neck and face, white belly, front of neck white with all black bill and
black wing tips. Also a brief look at it's legs showed very light gray
coloring. All the other gulls with it were Laughing Gulls and were
slightly larger.
It was still floating in a shallow pool when I left to post this.

Ken Tracey     [log in to unmask]
New Port Richey, FL
West Pasco Audubon Society  http://www.audubon.org/chapter/fl/westpasco
Bird Watching In West Pasco  http://home1.gte.net/ktracey/bird.htm