Hi all,

First, thanks to everybody who responded to my Ruby-throat/Black-chin ID
question. The video was inconclusive, so the hummer gots the last laugh,
when he stuck his tongue out at the camera...

Went to a number of locations in Wakulla and Leon Counties today, and found
a few good birds, and a couple of great ones...

The bird of the day was the WARBLING VIREO at Lake Jackson Mounds State
Park. I very carefully considered Philadelphia Vireo, but the bird's
underparts color was a much better match for Warbling. The bird was in the
trees at the top of the boardwalk to the top of the "main" mound. Also at
this location were a male AMERICAN REDSTART a MAGNOLIA WARBLER, and my
first-of-the-season YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER. (They're baaaaaaack!)

Other highlights of the day were an EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE and HOODED WARBLER on
Cutoff Road near Shell Point, and a SWAMP SPARROW on Wakulla Beach Road.

Finally, do Black-billed Cuckoos call during migration? I heard a
suspicially cuckoo-sounding call while at Lake Jackson Mounds, but I can't
be 100% sure...

The day's bird lists...
*A.O.U. Order *GOOD BIRDS in Bold
Lake Jackson Mounds State Park
Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida
----------------------------------
Red-shouldered Hawk (1)
Red-bellied Woodpecker (several)
White-eyed Vireo (heard only)
WARBLING VIREO (1)
Blue Jay (lots)
Carolina Chickadee (2+)
Tufted Titmouse (1)
Northern Mockingbird (1)
MAGNOLIA WARBLER (1)
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER (1)
AMERICAN REDSTART (1, male)
Northern Cardinal (2)
Saint Marks NWR, Wakulla Unit (Cutoff Road, Live Oak Island Road, and
Wakulla Beach Road)
Wakulla County, Florida
----------------------------------
Great Blue Heron (Live Oak Island Road)
Tricolored Heron (Live Oak Island Road)
Turkey Vulture (Live Oak Island Road)
Osprey (2+, Live Oak Island Road)
Willet (Wakulla Beach Road)
Laughing Gull (Live Oak Island Road)
EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE (1, Cutoff Road)
Northern Mockingbird (L.O.I and W.B. Roads)
HOODED WARBLER (1, Cutoff Road)
SWAMP SPARROW (1, Wakulla Beach Road)
Northern Cardinal (Cutoff Road)
Boat-tailed Grackle (Wakulla Beach Road)

-S.P.MacCumhail
Crawfordville, Wakulla County, Florida