Hello all,
Even with the not so birdy weather here the last few days, hot and
sunny, we still have more hummers than we have ever had.  I have counted
at least 4 Archilochus hummers:  2 adult rubythroats, and two immature
types.  I have not seen any convincing evidence that they are anything
other than Rubythroats.  They are very active and  up to three at once
have participated in aerial dogfights at velocities that would make the
USAF proud!
My question is: will there be anyone doing Hummingbird ID and banding in
the Peninsula of Florida this year(to detect possible vagrants)?
bob
Merritt Island, Fl